Archive for July, 2008
Photo from www.tourismsurrey.com
Volunteers are needed to help make Surrey the ‘Coolest’ city in Canada by asking the Mayor and other city officials to commit to climate protection policies and agreements.
The transition from being the ‘City of Parks’ to the ‘The Cool City of Parks’ will bring many gains for Surrey residents and businesses.
- Residents, employees and visitors breathe better in Surrey with clean energy solutions in City offices, private businesses and homes
- Residents, Businesses and City pay less for amenities and services with solar and wind energy solutions
- City becomes financially sound using more affordable, self-reliant and reliable energy systems
- The ‘Green’ status will bring more resources to Surrey through tourism and federal/provincial support
- The ‘Green’ policies will help create/increase long term investment opportunities and jobs in certain sectors
- Surrey Residents and Officials combat Global Warming by becoming the Coolest City in Canada
- Surrey Residents and City save more of our natural resources for a richer and brighter future